Get Started


Please download the form here:

Download Standard Enrolment Form  or Download Demi Au Pair Enrolment Form

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get a visa to study and / or visit New Zealand?

From 1st October 2019, you msust have a visa or NZeTA (Electronic Travel Authority) to travel to New Zealand.

See here for more information

Please visit the Immigration New Zealand website for information on visa requirements for different nationalities.

Can I study on a visitor visa?

You may study up to 12 weeks on a visitor visa, and you are able to study either full time or part time.

For more information on NZ visas, visit NZ Study Work

Can I work while I study?

You may work if you have a Working Holiday Visa or a Student Visa under certain conditions.
Because the Campbell Institute is a Category 1 Provider as recognised by NZQA, students studying full time for 14+ weeks at Campbell are entitled to work up to 20 hours/ week.

For more information on work rights for students, visit NZ Study Work.

Can I study part time on a student visa?


What kinds of accommodation options does The Campbell Institute offer?

We offer two types of accommodation; homestay and apartment accommodation. In homestays you have your own room and live with homestay hosts in their homes. In apartment accommodation you have your own room and bathroom, and share a kitchen with other students and travellers.

What is homestay accommodation like?

Our homestay hosts range from individuals and couples to families with children, and most homestays live on average 30 minutes from the school using public transport. If you have any particular food requirements or allergies (e.g. to cats or dogs), please let us know so that we can place you with appropriate hosts.

How do I travel between my homestay and the school?

There is a good public transport system in Wellington and we only use homestays who live within walking distance of a bus stop or train station. Homestays are usually located on average 30 minutes from the school using public transport.

Will my homestay provide me with food?

We offer a full board homestay option with 3 meals per day. The host will prepare a cooked dinner for you every evening, and provide you with food for breakfast and lunch.

What is apartment accommodation like?

We place students at Capital Accommodation apartments. The rooms at Capital are generally ensuites, with basic cooking facilities in the room (a microwave, fridge and bench). There are also shared kitchens with ovens and shared laundry facilities.
For more information about Capital Accommodation, click here

Does the Campbell Institute provide an airport pick up service?

Yes. Our airport pick up service is an optional extra that you can request when you submit your application to study with us.

How can I pay for courses and accommodation?

The Campbell Institute has partnered with Flywire to offer a secure and streamlined way to make a payment from your home country. Flywire allows you to pay from almost any country offering excellent foreign exchange rates and no hidden fees. You will be able to track the progress of your payment online and receive email and text alerts each step of the way. Multilingual customer support via phone, chat and email is available 24×7 if you need assistance with your payment.

To make a payment, go to Enter your payment amount and country of origin, then select your payment method.

Enter some basic information to initiate your payment booking.

Follow the instructions provided to send funds to Flywire. For debit/credit card payments, enter your card details online to complete your payment in your home currency. Note: Additional local payment options may be available depending on the country you are paying from.

Receive text and email status updates each step of the way, including a confirmation when your payment has been delivered to your institution. You can also create a Flywire account to track your payment online 24×7.

View a video of how to make your international payment here.

What do the various English levels mean?

A. Campbell uses English levels that correspond with reference levels from the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR):

  • Elementary: Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type. Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has. Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
  • Pre-Intermediate: Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment). Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters. Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
  • Intermediate: Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc. Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken. Can produce simple connected text on topics, which are familiar, or of personal interest. Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
  • Upper-Intermediate: Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
  • Advanced: Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.

Do I need to know any English before coming to Campbell?

Unfortunately, we can’t always guarantee that we will run a ‘Beginner’ class. To study at Campbell, a student needs to know a little bit of English:

  • Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases
  • Can introduce him/herself.
  • Can ask and answer questions about basic personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
  • Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.

What is the maximum class size at Campbell?

Our maximum class size is 18 for all programmes at either campus. Typically our class sizes are between 10 and 14 students.