Welcome to New Zealand’s leading Demi Au Pair programme. We place over 100 Demi Au Pairs into New Zealand families each year.
If you love working with children and would like a cost-effective way to study and travel then this could be a great programme for you.
Demi Au Pairs live in with a family, and work for the family for up to 20 hours per week, helping with childcare and housework. In exchange for working, families provide Demi Au Pairs with full board (bedroom and meals), a stipend of $90 per week, and transport costs to school and back.
While working as a Demi Au Pair, students can study 15 or 20 hours per week, choosing from several English study options, including General English, IELTS or Cambridge Exam Preparation.
The Demi Au Pair programme is available for both Working Holiday Visa and Student Visa. Please note the visa conditions for each kind of study period:
Working Holiday Visa
• 15 hours per week study + 20 hours per week childcare/housework
• Minimum length of study: 12 weeks
* Demi work may be undertaken beyond 24 weeks upon agreement with the family, but study cannot continue under the conditions of the Working Holiday Visa
• 20 hours per week study + 20 hours per week childcare/housework
• Minimum length of study: 14 weeks
* 15 hours of regular class + 5 hours Extra class
Students provide their earliest possible starting date. Once a Demi Au Pair family has been assigned, a suitable starting date for the student and family will be arranged. General English/ IELTS Prep courses start every Monday, Cambridge CAE courses start in January and September.
Min. Duration of Study: 12 weeks
English Level: Intermediate and above
Hours/ Week: 15 or 20 hours
Age: 18 – 30